The Goal: Practicing barre chords effectively
Finding a great practice routine is always a challenge. That’s why when it comes to barre chords, keeping it simple is the best technique.
A simple but effective practice routine:
- 1. Play E-Type barre chords moving from fret 1 to fret 8 and come back down the neck.
- 2. Play A-Type barre chords moving from fret 1 to fret 8 and come back down the neck.
- 3. Repeat with each variation of the barre chord shape. (minor, minor 7th and 7th forms)
- 4. Practice slowly and makes sure all notes ring clearly.
- 5. Mix and match different variations allowing your fingers to develop dexterity and speed when switching chords.