October 10, 2011
Jason Mraz is one of those songwriters you have to love. Simple, close to the heart tunes that provide the perfect soundtrack to a fun summer and to memorable times in our lives. If you’ve ever had one of those “this song reminds me of that time” moment, Mraz is surely part of that playlist. So here are a few fun facts about the man of the hour:
- Birthday: June 23, 1977
- Born in Mechanicsville, Virginia US
- Debut Album: Waiting for My Rocket to Come, 2002 containing the hit single “The Remedy (I Won’t Worry)”
- Biggest hit “I’m Yours” from the album We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
- I’m Yours reached #6 on the Billboard Hot 100
- In 1995, Mraz attended The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City, for a short time, studying musical theater. He dropped out of the school after taking up the guitar and focusing more on songwriting, and began performing at the world famous Java Joes.
- Mraz was engaged to singer-songwriter Tristan Prettyman.
- He has been named the 2010 SIMA Humanitarian of the Year.
- Is known for his relaxed rhythmic guitar playing and smooth vocals
Listen to I’m Yours
Hope you are as much of a fan as we are. Enjoy!