October 22, 2011
Billy Joel is let’s face it, Billy Joel! A living musical legend, Billy Joel’s songs have weaved their way into most of our lives in one way or another. An amazing songwriter and piano player, his songs have a depth that can be heard and yet are as catchy as any song can be. A master craftsman of wonderful chord progressions and unusual voicing, he has taught pianists all over the world, including me how to use the piano as a songwriting tool.
- Birth Name: William Martin Joel
- Birthday: May 9, 1949
- Born in The Bronx, NYC
- Is the sixth best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States
- Biggest hit “Piano Man” in 1973
- 6 Time Grammy Winner
- Has sold over 150 million albums worldwide
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999
- Was married to super model Christie Brinkley and is the daughter of Alexa Ray Joel
Listen to Piano Man
What’s your favorite Billy Joel song?